Settlement Processor Job Summary
You will be preparing and completing the Closing Disclosure for Real Estate Closing Transactions while maintaining effective communication with clients and account managers.
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the settlement processor include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Confirm accuracy on all entered information in system.
- Run report 2 weeks out on files for quality control.
- Make sure you know what is missing in your files so you can inform preprocessing (payoff, HOA, info sheets, etc.).
- Communicate with all involved parties and keep them well-informed of file progress (Lender, Realtors, Account Manager, Buyer/Seller, Shortsale parties, etc).
- Respond to emails and phone calls in a timely fashion.
- Request Deed from appropriate attorney when necessary.
- Clear any clouds on title.
- Send Title Packet to appropriate lender within 5-10 days of title search receipt.
- Verify EMD and who is holding.
- Prepare the preliminary ALTA to send to agents for review week before closing (if you do not receive final CD approval until day of, send the prelim to the agents informing them of any delays).
- Save all invoices SEPARATELY to system (HOI, HOA, TERMITE, CONTRACTORS, ETC).
- Verify all addresses are correct in the system.
- Confirm the scheduled date with Account Manager/Closer, inform all parties, and post on calendar in system.
- Complete CD and balance file, upon receipt of instructions and Docs from lender.
- Obtain CD Approval from lender.
- Send final approved ALTA to agents with wire instructions for clients.
- Prepare closing package and junk docs.
- Complete Closing Checklist to ensure final accuracy of fees.
- Communicate to Settlement officer any special notes or requests (Disbursements Tab).
- Confirm receipt of funds and save wires to system BEFORE closing.
- Work closely with Post Closing to address any issues immediately
Core Competencies of the Settlement Processor
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Work well under pressure situations;
- Good follow through;
- Self starter/self motivated;
- Time Management;
Note: The funding agent must be competent and responsible for their own caseload dependent upon the Account Managers they are accountable for. Funders will run reports weekly and monthly to maintain consistency for their file escrows, disbursements, recordings, remittances, and check clearing. If another funder needs assistance, we will work together to bring that individual current. The post closing bonus will be contingent upon these requirements.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please fill out the form below and select “document processing” from the drop down so the correct hiring manager gets your resume.