Closing & Title Insurance Resources
Whether you’re buying your first home or it’s been a few years since you’ve purchased or refinanced a house, you might have some questions. Below you’ll find a collection of resources all written in plain English with no legal jargon to help answer everything from what title insurance is to the steps in the closing process.
Click any of the links to find more about the topic, discover printables, and access checklists to help make sure you have everything you need for a quick and easy closing.
Guides and FAQs about Title Insurance
- What is title insurance? – Discover the FAQs about title insurance.
- Why you need title insurance – How it protects you and how to decide if it’s worth it.
- Lender’s vs. owner’s title insurance – What’s the difference and do you need them both?
- Ways you can lose your home after closing – How title insurance covers you after closing.
- Title insurance is important – Why it’s more necessary than you might think.
Information About The Closing Process & Settlement
- What happens during closing – The list of steps in the closing process.
- Closing costs and the Closing Disclosure explained – What all those fees are for and how to read the Closing Disclosure form.
- Keep your down payment safe from wire fraud – Don’t lose your money to a scam!
Resources and Guides to ALTA Statements
- What is ALTA? – How it protects you and why your title insurance company should use it.
- ALTA Settlement Statements explained – Explaining the ALTA Settlement form and how it’s different from the Closing Disclosure.
- Meets and Bounds – the ATG Title blog is full of resources, tips, and information about buying, closing, and refinancing a home.