Post Closing Funding Agent Responsibilities
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive file from Settlement Officer and verify all documents have been properly executed.
- Verify all lender instructions have been satisfied.
- Scan closing documents to file and send funding documents and loan package for processing and delivery.
- Verify and confirm the accuracy of payees and/or addresses.
- Order title bringdowns.
- Order final water bills (MD and DC transactions).
- Prepare and submit recordings online via Simplifile and/or mail away.
- Make Sure Postings Tab is balanced (Verify all incoming wires and outgoing disbursements).
- Prepare cover letters for checks and payoffs.
- Print checks to payees.
- Wire and/or deliver proceeds to sellers.
- Wire and/or deliver payoff to lenders.
- Manage, Monitor, and Record Maryland Transactions appropriately.
- Mail/Email original signed documents accordingly.
- Mail Final Owner’s Title Policy with Deed.
- Mail Final Lender’s Title Policy with Deed of Trust and Loan Docs.
- Handle Policy Remittances.
- Work closely with processors to clear any issues.
- Re-recordings, Rejections, and Releases.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Work well under pressure situations;
- Good follow-through;
- Time Management;
Note: The funding agent must be competent and responsible for their own caseload dependent upon the Account Managers they are accountable for. Funders will run reports weekly and monthly to maintain consistency for their file escrows, disbursements, recordings, remittances, and check clearing. If another funder needs assistance, we will work together to bring that individual current. The post closing bonus will be contingent upon these requirements.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please fill out the form below and select “document processing” from the drop down so the correct hiring manager gets your resume.